Advertisement Email AENGUS ‘Gussie’ Shanahan has been missing from Limerick since for 16 years after he was last seen on February 11, 2000 having left a Limerick city bar.Aengus, better known as ‘Gussie’ is the youngest in a family of four and lived with his parents Bob and Nancy at Ashbrook, Ennis road, Limerick. He was an employee of Dell, Castletroy, Limerick and finished work on that Friday afternoon. Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Family or friends had not seen or heard from him over that weekend and concern grew regarding his whereabouts. When he did not return to work on Monday February 14, 2000 his family reported him as a missing person to An Garda Siochana. Gussie went to Coopers bar in St Joseph Street, Limerick with friends on that Friday afternoon. He was due to stay that night with friends in St Joseph Street but did not do so. It has been established that he left the bar on his own at 10.30pm and walked from there onto Old School House lane, which connects with Barrington Street. That is the last sighting of Gussie. Gussie is described as being 5′ 10″, thin build, pale complexion and with fair hair cut short.Aengus’s family and Gardaí are appealing for anyone who may have seen Gussie or have useful information and who have not been in contact previously, to do so now.Gardaí are also appealing to anyone who may have seen Gussie on this Friday night or early the following morning to come forward, especially Taxi Drivers in the Limerick area.Anyone with information is asked to contact Roxboro Road Garda Station on 061 214340, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station. Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Previous articleBack to Neverland for Peter PanNext articleNICE SCREAMS from Limerick – A Citizens’ Anthem for Ireland 2016? Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie WhatsApp No vaccines in Limerick yet Linkedin NewsSearch for Gussie continues 16 years onBy Staff Reporter – February 10, 2016 676 Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Print Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended First Irish death from Coronavirus Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April TAGSfeatured Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL
Fr Gerard McAleer is the Harte’s parish priest and a long time close friend of the family.He has been comforting the family since they learnt of Michaela’s death.Fr McAleer says the world is a much darker place without her:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/frger1pm.mp3[/podcast] 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Google+ By News Highland – January 11, 2011 Twitter WhatsApp Facebook Pinterest News Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Previous articleMauritius police say Michaela Harte was murderedNext articleCouncil working to address issue of twin towns family living in car News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Facebook Google+ Harte parish priest says Michaela was a role model Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry WhatsApp Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 40-year-old Mt. Sinai man was killed in a single-car crash in Rocky Point Thursday morning, Suffolk County police said. According to police, Jeffrey Kitz lost control of his 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer as he drove south on County Road 21 and veered into the opposite lane before crashing into the woods. The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office pronounced Kitz dead at the scene, police said. The vehicle was impounded for a safety check, police said. The investigation is continuing.
RelatedPosts Runarsson joins Arsenal on four-year deal Pirlo not out to copy anyone after Juventus’ comfortable opening win Arsenal, Wolves want Michael Olise Arsenal face four successive away games when English football resumes next week, but with stadiums closed to fans, manager Mikel Arteta believes that run is not as daunting as it could be.The Spaniard takes his side to Manchester City in the English Premier League on Wednesday, before trips to Brighton and Hove Albion and Southampton. It is a run that will be crucial if Arsenal are to mount a challenge for a top-four finish.They then travel to Sheffield United in the FA Cup.Arteta knows how tough a trip to Manchester City will be, having served as Pep Guardiola’s assistant there until returning to manage his former club in December.But he says the unusual circumstances forced by the COVID-19 pandemic will level the playing field.“I hope it is (an advantage),” Arteta, whose team were on a three-match winning streak but still down in ninth spot when the Premier League shut down in March, said. “It’s going to help. Football is passion and energy and when you lose that, things balance much more in my opinion.“But I know how strong they are and what they are able to do if they are all switched on on the day.”Arsenal have only two away wins to their name this season, but next Wednesday will feel almost like a fresh start.Arteta, who himself caught coronavirus in March, believes the three-month stoppage will create difficulties for all clubs.“We’ve played friendly games, but that’s not a Premier League rhythm at all,” he said. “I think it will be very difficult to sustain big rhythms for 90 minutes for the first few games. “We were on a really good run before we stopped. The aim is to be a better team than we were then.”Reuters/NAN.Tags: ArsenalManchester CityMikel ArtetaPep Guardiola
The FA further alleged it to be an aggravated breach, in that it included a reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or religion or belief. The Frenchman faces a potential five-match ban at least if found guilty. A statement from the FA read: “Nicolas Anelka has today replied to a charge in relation to an incident that occurred during the West Ham United versus West Bromwich Albion fixture at the Boleyn Ground on 28 December 2013. “Anelka, the West Bromwich Albion player, has denied the charge and requested a personal hearing.” A statement from West Brom confirmed the FA’s position, adding “the club will make no further comment until the FA’s disciplinary process has reached a conclusion”. The case is a minefield for the FA as it is mired in French politics and beliefs, resulting in them hiring an independent expert to assess the symbolism of the ‘quenelle’ before laying down the charge. The man behind the salute, French comedian Dieudonne M’Bala M’Bala, believes Anelka should be allowed to continue to perform the gesture as it signifies his liberation from slavery. Dieudonne has strongly denied the gesture has any anti-Semitic or racist connotations, and instead is effectively an ‘up yours’ to the French establishment. The Football Association has confirmed West Brom striker Anelka is to argue his case at a forthcoming Commission hearing, although no date has yet been scheduled. Anelka was charged by the FA on January 21 with making a gesture which was abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper after scoring during Albion’s 3-3 draw at Upton Park on December 28. Nicolas Anelka has requested a personal hearing after denying that his “quenelle” gesture at West Ham was anti-Semitic or racist. Dieudonne, a friend of Anelka, told Sky News: “The ‘quenelle’ salute, it’s simply a salute. “At the beginning, an insult, a little like this. I’m not sure how you do it in England (placing his left hand on his right arm and then raising the latter with a clenched fist). “In France it means simply a gesture against the system, and then after time it became a gesture of emancipation. “Many Africans like me, descendants of slaves, it’s for self-liberation.” Performing the ‘quenelle’ by placing an upturned left hand across his right bicep, Dieudonne added: “That means liberation from a system, and it’s because of that Nicolas Anelka did it. “It’s a gesture against submission to a system, a gesture belonging to the descendants of slaves who say ‘Stop. It’s done. I’m done’. “There’s no hint of racism. Racism is a bad thing.” Dieudonne feels Anelka should not be facing the prospect of sanctions from the FA simply for displaying his beliefs. “It’s strange because if they (the FA) are independent, if they love football, they should be more interested in what’s happening in the match,” added Dieudonne. “When an athlete is technical like Anelka, one of the able ones, he scores goals, people applaud him. “Anelka is a descendant of slaves and if he wants to remark on his history then he has a right to do so. “We are very proud he does that, all of us, because Nicolas Anelka is hope. “So if those who are pro-slavery deny us, the slaves, our emancipation, it’s serious.” Further underlining he is firmly behind Anelka, Dieudonne said: “He has all my support. We see him as a brother in our humanity. “He’s someone who shows courage and is someone for whom we have lots of respect and admiration. “We are all behind him in solidarity, and we are, above all, proud of him because of his noble position. To us, he is a prince. “You have princes, queens in England, but us, we prefer Nicolas Anelka. He’s our prince, no?” Via his Facebook page on Wednesday, Anelka had reqested the FA drop the charge, insisting he is “not anti-Semitic or racist”. Anelka believed he had the backing of a Jewish community leader in the battle to clear his name. However, Roger Cukierman, the president of CRIF (Representative Council of Jewish Institutions in France) clarified earlier remarks he gave in a video interview to Le Figaro, further expressing his unhappiness with Anelka’s actions. “I was disappointed with the attitude of Anelka, whose behaviour is the opposite of what a top athlete must show the youth of our country,” said Cukierman. “I was troubled by the fact the public man he is – a symbol for some of the youth of our country, and so he must therefore be perfect in his behaviour – can make this gesture ‘to show his friendship to his friend Dieudonne’, whose motivations are without a doubt anti-Semitic.” Press Association